Guidelines for Using the Ball Machine
1. The ball machine can only be used by Bayside members. Reserving the machine must be done via the court reservation site. Do not use the machine if there are players on the adjacent court.
2. Next to the machine in the shed are two portable battery packs. If power on the ball machine runs low before you're finished your practice session, plug one of the battery packs into the machine for extra runtime.
3. Use ONLY pressureless tennis balls. DO NOT use regular tennis balls as they are more likely to get stuck in the machine.
4. Use only dry balls. Do not use the machine in the rain. If you are practicing and it starts to rain, please stop and return the machine to the shed as quickly as possible.
5. When you are finished your practice session, pick up all balls and return them to the shed with the machine. Also, fill out the Ball Machine Usage Chart in the shed.
6. Make every attempt to retrieve balls that go over the fence.
7. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult to use the machine.
8. Do not walk in the path of the machine while it’s in operation; balls can reach a speed of 70mph!
9. The user is responsible for any damage to the machine during its use. After using the machine, plug it into the receptacle inside the shed. If you used one of the external battery packs, also plug that in to recharge.